Monday, June 30, 2014

Pink & Black Baby Girl Room Design

My latest project has been a work in progress but it is finally complete! For my baby girl's room (who's not really a baby anymore!), I knew I wanted a girly design. I had the pink color picked out and after I painted it was almost too much pink! But once I added the white furniture and black curtains it really complimented the pink well.
I had a canvas made of my favorite newborn shot of my daughter. The colors were prefect.
As you can tell, we've already switched to a toddler bed for my now 2 year old! She loves the freedom of getting in and out of bed easily. She also loves her Pottery Barn Kids Book Rack! She can easily see the books she wants to read and will literally sit there for the longest time looking at her books!

I painted the furniture and shelf antique white. The furniture was mine when I was a baby. My parents gave it to me for my girls, and I love the fact that it is now a treasured hand me down! But with older things, the white paint was faded into an uneven yellow and needed a fresh coat of paint. I also spray painted the knobs black to match the black accents in the room.
I finished off the room with some cute accessories. I also spray painted an old gold frame I had, added some pink ribbon and created a cute way of displaying my little girls bows. A full tutorial to come.
 This little black and white bear, which was also mine as a kid, adds another pop of black into the room!
I love how the room turned out! It's a prefect mix of pink, white, and black!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...