Thursday, September 24, 2015

DIY - Getting Organized with Barn Wood!!

Our home has a long hallway to the garage and not any space for a normal mudroom. So I had to come up with something else for my girls to throw hang their backpacks and jackets. I was about to throw this long, narrow piece of barn wood away, because I couldn't think of anything to use it for. Then it hit me...this would be perfect if I just added some hooks!
 I had previously bought these cute little hooks in Lancaster, PA at an iron store. I had them for years and finally found the perfect spot for them. I simply attached the iron hooks using small screws and then using anchors and larger screws, I screwed the barn wood to the wall. That was it! I didn't sand it. I didn't stain it. I loved the natural look so I left it as it was. It was a super easy project that I LOVE. My girls now have a place to keep their backpacks and jackets, and they are no longer on the floor! The lesson learned from this is to never throw away thing away! Ha! 
Hopefully, this inspires you to use what you have or that random piece of wood in the garage for your next project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...