Monday, June 23, 2014

DIY - Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray Paint for an Easy Update!

Our air vents needed an update. They were scratched, dirty and stuck out against our dark flooring! I seriously hated them!!
I was looking to replace them but at over $10 each, it was getting pretty expensive. I immediately thought of a cheaper option. I headed to Home Depot and picked up some RUST-OLEUM's Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. It's wonderful! It covers nicely and looks professional!
I started by cleaning the vent up a bit to get all the dirt off. Then I flipped the air vent over and opened the vents. I sprayed over the whole thing in all 4 directions to get every angle. I started from the bottom, then sprayed the left side, then the top, and finally the right side.
 I let it dry until it wasn't tacky (maybe 30 mins) and flipped it over. Again, I spray painted over the entire vent from all directions.
I let it dry again and put it back in the house!
This project was so easy and made an immediate improvement! It looks brand new! So far I've painted 3 vents with one can, and I still have more paint in the can. At roughly $6.80 a can, that's a huge saving over buying all new vents. I'm so glad I opted for the spray paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...