Wednesday, July 2, 2014

DIY - Girls Hair Clip Holder

I wanted a cute way to display my girls hair clips and when I found this frame in my stash of decorating supplies, I knew it would be perfect. It was a gold frame that didn't match the room's decor, so I spray painted it with a black gloss spray paint. 
I then flipped the frame over and measured the opening and divided it into three sections. (I didn't paint the back side of the frame so you can see the gold frame underneath.) I marked the top and bottom so I would know where each ribbon went. Then I got out my handy hot glue gun and started gluing the ribbon to the back of the frame where each blue arrow is. I made sure to hold the ribbon tight and hold it in place until the glue dried so it would be tight and secure. I also added some rubber frame dots so the frame didn't move around on the wall as I was getting clips on and off.
Finished project! This was a completely free project as well since I had everything on hand. Even if you don't have everything already, it could still be fairly inexpensive if you find a cheap frame on sale or at a thrift store because the ribbon and paint are inexpensive as well. 
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...