Wednesday, February 24, 2016

DIY Headband Stand

I have seen a few different kinds of headband stands and knew I wanted to make one for my girls to keep their headbands under control! I took a little bit of a different approach and wanted to share my tutorial with you:


Supplies:

Candle sticks
Round containers to cover
Burlap
Spray Adhesive
Glue Gun
Gem (optional)

I had these 2 metal, thick candle sticks that I bought years ago on clearance. They were a grayish color that wasn't my favorite, but I knew with a little spray paint, they would be perfect. I sprayed each candle stick with Rust-Oleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze.


While they were drying, I prepped my round containers. I bought oatmeal contains but they ended up too small for my candlesticks so I found something else in my pantry. My husband had Performance Drink Powder in the containers below. Luckily, they were almost empty so I took the labels off, put the labels on a large ziplock bag and dumped the rest of the powder in the ziplock bags!! I thought he might be a touch mad, but he didn't mind! Whew!! :)


Then I started wrapping each container with the burlap. I made sure to have a nice seam in the back and fold the ends under. I glued the seam down with hot glue. On the bottom, I put a line of hot glue around the entire bottom and glued the burlap around to the bottom. I cut off any extra to make it as flat as I could. Then the top...this was a little bit more tricky as I knew this side would be visible. I played around with it for a little to get my desired look. I just bunched the burlap together and then hot glued everywhere to keep it down. Here is a close up for the top:


After each container was wrapped in burlap, I hot glued it to the candlesticks. Here is a shot of the seam in the back:


The very last step was to glue a charm on the top to cover the burlap edge on the top. This gem was actually just found at Walmart awhile ago! 


Cute, right?! 


I love how they turned out. I love the difference in height the candlesticks give. And best of all, I was able to use things I had around my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...